[nylug-talk] Turning over wiki admin/config/leadership

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Thu Dec 29 17:03:39 EST 2011

> Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:54:54 -0500
> From: Peter Norton <spacey+nylug-talk at listbox.spacey.org>
> To: NYLUG Technical Discussion <nylug-talk at nylug.org>
> Subject: Re: [nylug-talk] last call re: using a wiki to develop the
> 	charter
>
> [ Whoops, re-sending from my subscribed address. Hmmm.... ]
>
> [Also, when I get a chance I'll need to delve into why mailman continually
> thinks that this gmail-hosted email address is bouncing, and disables
> my delivery. ]
>
> Anyway, Eric, please start with Sumana as the administrator of the
> wiki.  That's the last part of what was delegated to her at the
> meeting according to the minutes that were sent out (making sure that
> people have access).  If no-one objects I think it's fine for Ruben to
> have admin access too, but I want Sumana to be kept in the loop here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Peter
>
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Eric Shamow <eric.shamow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for delay - I'm stuck in an area with poor internet connectivity.  Should have something up soon -
>>
>> -Eric

>From the meeting notes,
http://nylug.org/pipermail/nylug-talk/2011-December/015823.html :

"Sumana will be tasked with ensuring that technologies are presented,
and that the technology selected will be properly configured and made
available to at least everyone in the room who expects to participate"

As the meeting notes state, Ruben has the mandate to lead the charter
charge.  Ruben has a clear idea of what he wants in terms of the
configuration of the wiki (and it involves very limited collaboration
and participation).  This obviates the pro-participation configuration
part of the task that I'd been given.  Since Eric is going to take care
of the technical side of configuration, and Ruben is the main customer
and knows what configuration he wants, I think this is a good time for
me to bow out and hand leadership over to Ruben.  Sound ok?

--
Sumana Harihareswara
http://brainwane.net