[nylug-jobs] [nylug-talk] [nylug-job] Taproot Foundation seeks Database Professional
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 16 11:13:09 EDT 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #305
* Submitted On: 2005-06-15 11:26:54
* Company: Taproot Foundation
* Contact: Annie Witten,
* Email: annie at taprootfoundation.org
* Url: http://www.taprootfoundation.org
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Database Professional
* Salary: Not Specified
* Description: Volunteer Your Skills: The Taproot Foundation is a volunteer organization that builds teams of information technology professionals to work on database and website projects for local nonprofits. The Taproot Foundation lets you "give what you know" so that you can make the strongest impact on your local community while networking and growing professionally.
The Taproot Foundation has new volunteer projects, called Service Grants, launching in the next several months in New York City. We are looking for seasoned professionals to add to our growing network of volunteers.
We are currently accepting applications for: Program Officers (lead volunteers), Grant Managers (project managers), Software Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers.
* Required Skills: A successful Program Officer has managed team leaders, feels comfortable negotiating executive or board-level relationships, and has experience directly related to one of our grant areas (i.e. marketing, database/IT, or human resources.) Program Officers typically have held at least director, vice president, or partner level roles in their professional careers.
The Grant Manager is the day-to-day point of contact with the nonprofit and the leader of the cross-functional service team. As the project manager for the Service Grant they own the schedule, coordinate communication, and delegate tasks to the team. A successful Grant Manager has domain expertise in the area of the Service Grant (marketing, IT or HR) and experience leading teams/projects that are cross functional.
A successful Software Developer has three or more years of development experience including standard web development background: - DHTML, CGI, VbScript, ASP, PHP, JSP, SQL (database connectivity), and/or basic web server administration. Familiarity with Internet protocols, procedures (FTP, Telnet, etc.), and version control software (VSS).
A successful Quality Assurance Engineer has over two years of project experience in Quality Assurance, is familiar with standard QA procedures, and can accurately yet concisely describe bug findings while interacting with engineering staff to duplicate bugs when necessary.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.taprootfoundation.org.
New York City, NY 10007
Hire expert Linux talent by posting jobs here :: http://jobs.nylug.org
The nylug-talk mailing list is at nylug-talk at nylug.org
The list archive is at http://nylug.org/pipermail/nylug-talk
To subscribe or unsubscribe: http://nylug.org/mailman/listinfo/nylug-talk
More information about the nylug-jobs