[nylug-jobs] [nylug-talk] [nylug-job] Trafficmac seeks Sr. Sys Admin
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 9 19:29:13 EDT 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #298
* Submitted On: 2005-06-08 11:22:22
* Company: Trafficmac
* Contact: Mark A. Herschberg,
* Email: jobs at trafficmac.com
* Url: http://www.trafficmac.com
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Sr. Sys Admin
* Salary: Not Specified
The successful applicant will be technically proficient,
proactive, and solutions oriented. This position requires strong
leadership and excellent communication skills. Candidates must have the
ability to adapt and respond to a changing situation quickly. Candidates
must have a solid troubleshooting background that can be applied to
different situations and be able to make quick assessments and take
corrective action quickly.
We are primarily a linux shop with a few MS servers and a number
of MS desktops. Specific job functions include:
• Linux server systems administration.
• LAN and WAN systems administration.
• Data center procurement, configuration, and maintenance for a 24
X 7 production environment.
• General infrastructure support including, but not limited to,
backup systems, systems monitoring and alerts, and analytics.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of network
• Evaluate and implement new technology, manage and track hardware
and software inventory, and monitor the needs of both internal and
• Assign and allocate work, set priorities and deadlines, and
report status of projects.
• Review and recommend operating policies and procedures and
escalations around Service Level Agreements - Perform quarterly analysis
of the ticket content to guide and recommend improvement activities in
IT related subjects.
• Participate in departmental strategic planning, prepare project
proposals, and plan resource needs .
• Manage Desktop Support Services; incident logging and tracking,
issue resolution, management reporting (NY and other offices).
• Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Sharepoint administration.
There is one other (more junior) sys admin who you would work
* Required Skills:
• 7+ years experience in networking or systems administration,
with 3+ years of supervisory experience.
• 4+ years Linux administration experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Apache/MySQL – Administration experience required. Clustering
experience extremely helpful with each, but not absolutely essential.
• Experience with VPN's, firewalls, load balancing.
• Extensive understanding of networking with TCP/IP.
• Understanding of TCP/IP protocols including SMTP, DNS, POP3,
IMAP, FTP, WWW..
• Experience setting up and maintaining WWW and FTP servers.
• Windows desktop support experience a plus.
• Extensive hardware and application troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
• Experience performing data backups.
• Prior experience supporting products and/or proprietary
applications and IT peripherals.
• Must have excellent communication skills and an exceptional
commitment to the customer experience.
28 W 25th St
New York City, NY 10010
Hire expert Linux talent by posting jobs here :: http://jobs.nylug.org
The nylug-talk mailing list is at nylug-talk at nylug.org
The list archive is at http://nylug.org/pipermail/nylug-talk
To subscribe or unsubscribe: http://nylug.org/mailman/listinfo/nylug-talk
More information about the nylug-jobs