[nylug-announce] NYLUG Workshop / Hacking Society, (Smalltalk, C++, Python) TOMORROW April 13 6:00PM-8:00PM

NYLUG Announcements info at nylug.org
Mon Apr 12 09:20:01 EDT 2010

This is a reminder for the event detailed below.

WORKSHOP / HACKFEST
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Time: 6:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Location: NY Public Library Hudson Park Branch, 66 Leroy St., NY NY 10014

Topics:
  This week, we're going to continue looking at Smalltalk via Squeak.
  There may also be some discussion related to the C++ online workshop
  taking place on nylug-talk, and general discussion about Python.
  We'll be working through example code.

  Bring something to discuss! There's a blackboard, chalk, and Internet
  access.  Notebook computers are helpful but not required.
  All levels of Python experience from totally new to experienced welcome!

Resources:
  *  Squeak Smalltalk environment
     http://www.squeak.org/

  *  NYLUG-Talk list
     http://nylug.org/listinfo/nylug-talk/

Map & Directions:
  http://nylug.org/hackcalendar

  We meet in the basement. Enter the library and head to the back. If the
  door is closed when you arrive you can ask the manager of the library for
  the keys to the room if you're comfortable opening up the basement, or
  you can wait for some of the others to arrive.

  We will continue meeting on a bi-weekly basis at the Hudson Library at
  66 Leroy St New York, NY 10014.

  It is helpful, but not necessary to have a notebook computer.
  The WiFi at the library works now.

Mailing List:
  We have a mailing list!  Join it here: