[nylug-announce] LINUXWORLD FINAL DETAILS (well... some final details)

Jim Gleason jgleason at nylug.org
Fri Jan 10 17:54:22 EST 2003

1) VOLUNTEERS MUST SIGN UP USING THE FORM
OK so we worked out the fact that we all need to sign up using the
volunteer form located at the top right of the nylug.org homepage:

		http://booth.nylug.org

We need people to help us during these hours:
Wednesday, January 22, 8:00am-5:00pm
Thursday, January 23, 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday, January 24, 9:00am-3:00pm

2) TUESDAY THE 21ST IS SET UP DAY
The time still needs to be determined, but we will all meet at the statue
of Jacob Javits in the south end of the convention center sometime on
Tuesday, January 21st. We still need to figure out who is bringing what,
but the fact is that when tuesday concludes, our booth will be wired for
connectivity & power and will have at least one tested server and monitor.
We will get the necessary "Exhibitor" badges to you.

3) 2DO:
- Finalize list of gear needed and who is bringing what.
- Make sure everyone who sets up gets their "Exhibitor" badge.
- Refurbish the nylug flyer and mass photocopy. Who wants to do work from
  last year's and do this?
- Finalize the stammtisch date and time.
- Prepare a brief for the volunteers that explains Linux briefly, who
  NYLUG is, when and where our meetings are, the website url and how to
  get on the mailing lists.
- Contact Alex about the server, do we need to hold an instalfest
  beforehand? Is there enough time?
- Contact Lindsay about his ability to direct the continuance
- Ensure that there will be enough exhibit-only coupons for people who did
  not register for a show badge already.
- Remind everyone to sign up using the volunteer form:
  http://booth.nylug.org

LOOK FOR ANOTHER POST TO THIS LIST FOR ALL OF THE FINALIZED DETAILS TO
VOLUNTEER FOR LINUXWORLD!

	... and please remember to sign up with the form!

			http://booth.nylug.org

Thanks and have a great weekend!

- Jim Gleason

--