[nylug-announce] [nylxs-announce] April 28th Meeting for NY Fair Use: PLEASE ATTEND (fwd)

Jim Gleason jgleason at nylug.org
Wed Apr 23 13:01:33 EDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:31:10 -0400
From: Ruben I Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com>
To: nylxs-announce at nylxs.com
Subject: [nylxs-announce] April 28th Meeting for NY Fair Use:  PLEASE ATTEND

NY FAIR USE and NYLUG - WASHIGNTON PLAN

On May 2nd, NY Fair Use and NYLUG are working together to represent Free Software at the Copyright Office Hearings for 1201 of the DMCA. Ruben Safir, representing NY Fair Use, will be testifying about DRM on Commercial DVD's and its negative impact on private ownership rights and normative commercial dealing....

DRM is Theft....

Join us on May 2nd in Washington. NY Fair Use is getting a van to make the trip. Press coverage is all but assured. Buttons and Literature need to be planned, and we've been all but asked to pack pack the room in Washington.

Nearly anyone who wants to make this important statement to our representitives in Washington is urged to make this trip. Meet us for the planning on Monday April 28th, 2003 at the Killarney Rose, 80 Beaver Street.

Email ruben at mrbrklyn.com for more information as needed NY Fair Use - the one and original http://fairuse.nylxs.com

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions

http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting